ALFF is looking for short film pitches!
ALFF Pitch Event - Feb 4, 2017 Old Fire Hall, 4pm
The Yukon Film Society is pleased to introduce the ALFF Pitch Event co-presented with Screen Production Yukon Association taking place on Saturday, February 4th, at the Old Fire Hall.
Six Yukon-based teams will pitch their ideas for short, one-off documentaries and fiction productions. Two winning teams will be selected, one for factual and one for scripted, each receiving $7,500 cash and $2,500 in in-kind services.
The ALFF Pitch Event is sponsored by BravoFACT and Yukon Media Development, department of Economic Development.
This is a free event open to the public featuring a panel of guest and local judges attending ALFF Industry.
- Projects can be up to 15 minutes in length (excluding title and credits)
- YFS is looking for projects with a cohesive, strong story arc
- Projects should appeal to audiences outside of the Yukon
- Projects can be a pilot episode of a web series but must also stand on its own as a one-off film
- Projects selected to pitch will be evaluated for creative content, economic potential, career and artistic growth and likelihood of film finding its audience
- The producer and copyright holder must be a Yukon Resident and Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident or Landed Immigrant over the age of 18
- Winning films must be completed in full by February 1, 2018
How to submit:
Send a one-sheet description of the project you’d like to pitch to us! You MUST include genre, length of project, and short bios of key creatives (Producer, Writer, Director). Video clips are encouraged but not mandatory.
Deadline: January 27th, 2017 at midnight PST
Successful submissions will be notified by January 31st and will be offered a short preparation session in advance of the pitch.