YFS Employment Opportunity - Arts Administrator
Yukon Film Society - Whitehorse, Yukon
The Yukon Film Society is a non-profit organization dedicated to nourishing filmmakers and film lovers by committing to the following mandate:
1. To exhibit independent and alternative moving picture, audio and new media art works to Yukon audiences.
2. To support the production and distribution of Yukon independent moving picture, audio and new media art works.
3. To provide training, and access to production equipment for Yukon moving picture, audio and new media artists.
This is a term position working under the supervision of the Artistic Director and the Board of Directors, and in collaboration with the Communications Director, the Arts Administrator’s responsibility is to plan and manage the day-to-day operations and finances of YFS so as to maintain regular services to its members and the public, and to assist the organization’s activities related to training such as workshop programming, the Industry conference and other special projects. Duties of the General Manager include but are not limited to:
• Successfully managing the financial health of the organization, including budgeting, working with the bookkeeper, payroll and banking, and fulfilling obligations with public agencies;
• Liaising with accountants in the preparation of financial reviews, audits and state¬ments;
• Preparing grant applications for core funding and training projects, managing relationships with funding agencies, submitting reports and other information as required;
• Contribute to regular staff meetings;
• Reporting monthly to the Board of Directors about financial questions; and
• Drafting annual reports to the Board and YFS stakeholders to ensure there is continued support for the organization.
• Ensure all communications to the public reflect the mission of the organization on a regional and national level;
• Supporting the Board of Directors in the development of new policies, advising on organizational development, creation of committees; and
• In partnership with the Board, assist with annual plans and fundraising programs for annual giving, endowment giving, planned giving, grants and sponsorships, and exploring new fundraising opportunities.
• Assist with sponsorship and fundraising for the Available Light Film Festival
• Implementing annual programs that help YFS to achieve its mission and promote exhibition and production activity. Programs currently include but are not limited to: annual workshop programming, Industry conference, Yukon48, equipment rentals, and YFS Cinema library;
Education, Experience and Skills
• Related education and/or equivalent experience in financial and organizational management, preferably in a non-governmental arts setting;
• Must possess excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills;
• Proven organizational abilities;
• Proven ability to work positively and constructively with senior staff, funders, Board, staff and volunteers;
• Flexibility and adaptability to assist with new projects, challenges and technologies as they arise;
• Ability to take initiative and work in a self-directed manner;
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word and Excel); and
• Knowledge in media arts and filmmaking is also an asset.
Salary and Benefits
This is an 8-month term position with possibility of renewal, at $23 per hour, for an average of 25 hours per week.
Potential start date: September 15thth, 2016
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter addressing your qualifications with a resume by Friday, September 9th, 2016 at 4:30pm PST to email@example.com. For further information, please visit yukonfilmsociety.com or call/email Artistic Director, Andrew Connors, at 867-393-3456.