YFS Past Workshops
The Yukon 48 Challenge
Friday, November 15, 2013 from 5:30pm to 5:30pm, Sunday, November 17, 2013
Create a film in 48 Hours!
November 15-17, 2013
Simultaneous screening in
Whitehorse and Dawson City, November 28 at 8pm
Old Fire Hall and Odd Fellow’s Hall, respectively.
Register early! Drop in the Registration Form (PDF)
at the Yukon Film Society (212 Lambert Strete, Whitehorse) or KIAC (Dawson City) before November 14th.
Filmmakers may work individually or in teams
• There is no age restriction to enter the competition
• The films may be of any genre (drama, documentary, comedy, experimental, animation)
• No previously shot footage may be used (up to 20 % archival material may be used)
• Maximum length, 10 minutes. (There is no minimum length)
• No pornographic or inappropriate material will be accepted
• All films must acknowledge the Yukon Film Society (YFS) and the Klondike Institute of Art and Culture (KIAC) intheir credits.
The competition begins at 5:30 pm on Friday, November 15, 2013. Participants will be given 48 hours from the time of registration to hand in a final DV tape or quicktime file on Sunday, November 17, 2013 (No exceptions).
Participants outside the Whitehorse or Dawson area may participate and can upload their film to You Tube or Vimeo or send them to us via an ftp site. We must have the link by the deadline on Sunday.
Limited editing facilities will be available on a first come first served basis throughout the weekend at both KIAC and the YFS. A technician will be on hand for assistance on Sunday. All equipment required is the responsibility of the entrant.
A limited number of cameras will be available at KIAC for use in Dawson City on a first come first served basis for an extra $10 fee. Extra Production equipment may be rented on a first come first served basis.
- Instructed by:
- Cost: $15
- What to Bring:
Sponsored by: Community Cable 9 - Brought to you by Northwestel
Interested in new workshops?
Visit our Workshops page to see what's coming up.