YFS Past Workshops
Yukon 48-Hour Filmmaking Challenge
Friday, November 14, 2014 from 2:48pm to 5:30pm, Sunday, November 16, 2014
It’s time to make a film in 48 hours!
November 14-16, 2014
Simultaneous screenings in
Whitehorse and Dawson City, November 21 at 8pm
Old Fire Hall and Odd Fellow’s Hall, respectively.
Register early! Drop in the Registration Form (PDF)
at the Yukon Film Society (212 Lambert Street, Whitehorse) or KIAC (Dawson City) before November 14th.
Filmmakers may work individually or in teams
• Filmmakers may work individually or in teams
• There is no age restriction to enter the competition
• The films may be of any genre (drama, documentary, comedy, experimental, animation)
• A Challenge Theme will be given out when the challenge commences at 5.30pm on Friday, November 14
• The Challenge Theme (for example: RUST) can be interpreted and incorporated in different ways: visually, through dialogue etc.
• The theme does not have to be an integral part of the film, however points will be awarded for creative integration of the theme
• No previously shot footage may be used (up to 20 % archival material may be used)
• Maximum length, 10 minutes. (There is no minimum length)
• No pornographic or inappropriate material will be accepted
The competition begins at 5:30 pm on Friday, November 14, 2014. Participants will be given 48 hours from the time of registration to hand in a final DV tape or quicktime file on Sunday, November 16, 2014 (No exceptions!).
Participants outside the Whitehorse or Dawson area may participate and can upload their film to You Tube or Vimeo or send them to us via an ftp site. We must have the link by the deadline on Sunday.
Limited editing facilities will be available on a first come first served basis throughout the weekend at both KIAC and the YFS. A technician will be on hand for assistance on Sunday. All equipment required is the responsibility of the entrant.
50% discount on YFS Equipment for 48 Challenge productions
If booking YFS Equipment from Dawson please book in advance to allow for shipping time.
- Instructed by:
- Cost: $15
- What to Bring:
Sponsored by: Northwestel Community Cable 9
Interested in new workshops?
Visit our Workshops page to see what's coming up.