Employment Opportunity: Sponsorship and Marketing Manager
August 5, 2022
August 5, 2022
The Yukon Film Society is a non-profit organization dedicated to supporting filmmakers and providing cinema and media arts experiences for the Yukon public. Our mandate is to:
- exhibit independent cinema, multi-disciplinary arts and media art works to Yukon audiences;
- support the production and distribution of Yukon cinema and media art works;
- provide training, and access to production equipment for Yukon filmmakers and media artists.
Sponsorship and Marketing Manager Job Description
This is a full-time permanent position. 30 hours per week.
The Sponsorship and Marketing Manager will work under the supervision of the YFS Artistic Director, General Manager and Board of Directors, and in collaboration with all other YFS staff. The Sponsorship and Marketing Manager will implement the YFS' strategic plans with regard to exhibition activities, marketing, sponsorship and theatre ad sales.
Sponsorship management and festival development:
Identify potential sponsors and help secure the support and/or participation of on-going sponsors and partners, fulfill sponsors’ reporting requirements, and develop and sustain strong, supportive and respectful working relationships with sponsors and presenting partners.
Manage sponsor and partner ad sales for the Yukon Theatre and ALFF
Spearhead crowd funding campaigns identified by the Board, e.g. to support theatre building renovations.
- Liaise with cinematheques, film and media arts festivals, film and media industry to promote Yukon Film Society core activities and works created by YFS production members.
- Contract local filmmakers to assist with creating digital media content to promote specific films and filmmakers on Available Light on Demand (ALD) and the service generally. This includes interviews with directors, screen talent, developing video content for major sponsors of Yukon Theatre, ALFF and ALD
- Editing digital film footage for promotional purposes
- Help Artistic Director maintain and develop partnerships with various national and territorial organizations primarily for the development of ALFF.
Marketing Yukon Theatre, ALD, ALC, Workshops, YFS events, Production Equipment, Other training Opportunities
Available Light Film Festival (ALFF) Public Relations and Marketing
- Oversee festival media communications, help prepare advertising copy and news releases
- Assist the ALFF team with promotion and publicity of festival events
- In collaboration with the Festival Director, Producer, Associate Programmer and Industry Producer, help foster the development of good relations with other cultural organizations
YFS Education and Production support
- Help develop content for social media and YFS newsletters related to the development, production and release of member-led film and media art. Market and promote workshop and training activities.
Education, Experience and Skills
- Experience working in the film, cinema or media arts sector
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Excellent social media skills
- Strong administrative and record-keeping skills
- Experience writing proposals and reports
- Proven event organizing abilities
- Proven ability to work positively and constructively with staff, funders, Board, and volunteers
- Flexibility and adaptability to assist with new projects, challenges and technologies as they arise
- Ability to take initiative and work in a self-directed manner
- Proficiency with Microsoft software (Word and Excel) and Mac computer
- Experience working with web-based event management software and virtual cinema platforms an asset (YFS uses Zone Festival, FilmFreeway and Eventive)
- Experience working in the non-profit sector an asset
- Valid driver’s license an asset
Salary and Benefits
This is a full-time permanent position with an average of 30 hours per week. Wage scale: $25-$28/ hour depending on experience.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter addressing your qualifications with a resume and at least one reference to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin as early as August 15, 2022 and applications will be accepted ongoing until the position is filled. For further information please visit www.yukonfilmsociety.com or call/email Artistic Director, Andrew Connors, at 867-393-3456, email@example.com.