YFS is hiring! Employment Opportunity: Marketing and Distribution Coordinator Yukon Film Society
September 15, 2021
Sept 15, 2021
The Yukon Film Society is a non-profit organization dedicated to supporting filmmakers and providing cinema and media arts experiences for the Yukon public. Our mandate is to:
- exhibit independent cinema, multi-disciplinary arts and media art works to Yukon audiences;
- support the production and distribution of Yukon cinema and media art works;
- provide training, and access to production equipment for Yukon filmmakers and media artists.
Marketing and Distribution Coordinator Job Description
This is a full-time permanent position. 35 hours per week.
The Marketing and Distribution Coordinator will work under the supervision of the YFS Artistic Director, Administrator, General Manager and Board of Directors, and in collaboration with the Technical Coordinator. The Marketing and Distribution Coordinator will implement the YFS' artistic vision and strategy with regard to exhibition activities, distribution, marketing and communications.
Operating and expanding YFS’ Available Light On-Demand (ALD) video streaming service:
- Arrange any necessary edits/updates to the ALD website.
- Organize meetings of the ALD Curatorial Committee to choose the ALD titles for each year.
- Draw up contracts for ALD films, using the template provided by YFS.
- Implement social media and digital advertising campaigns for ALD films.
- Organize one-on-one training sessions on digital film and media arts marketing for approximately 5 filmmakers featured on ALD per year. Ensure that attendees fill out Evaluation Forms.
- Compile quarterly analytics reports for film rentals. The YFS Media Coordinator will compile monthly analytics reports for social media. Distribute film rental and social media analytics to filmmakers quarterly.
- Adjust and reschedule film releases and online marketing according to analytics results and data.
- Organize special offers for limited time viewing of ALD films without a paywall, pending funding.
- Publish ALD annual report on the ALD website in spring each year.
- Assist with applications and reports for funding for the ALD service.
- Liaise with cinematheques, film and media arts festivals, film and media industry to promote ALD and share ALD experiences.
- Develop opportunities to license ALD content to educational and other markets.
- Contract local filmmakers to assist with creating digital media content to promote specific films and filmmakers on ALD and the service generally. This includes interviews with directors, screen talent, a short trailer highlighting work in the catalogue, and remastering support material filmmakers have in their personal archives
- Editing digital film footage for promotional purposes
- Organize closed captioning and translation for ALD films
- Archiving of films
Marketing ALD, ALC, Workshops, YFS events, Production Equipment, Other training Opportunities
Available Light Cinema (ALC)
- Manage poster, newspaper, social media and social media advertising
Available Light Film Festival (ALFF) Public Relations and Marketing
- Oversee festival media communications, help prepare advertising and news releases
- Assist the ALFF team with promotion and publicity of festival events
- In collaboration with the Festival Director, Producer, Associate Programmer and Industry Producer, help foster the development of good relations with other cultural organizations
YFS digital programming and collections on various platforms
- Help program, coordinate and market online programming with Artistic Director, distributors and partner organizations
YFS Education and Production support
- Help develop content for social media and YFS newsletters related to the development, production and release of member-led film and media art. Market and promote workshop and training activities.
Funding and Fundraising Activities
- Prepare grant applications for select projects and operational funding in cooperation with the Artistic Director and Administrator
- Develop and sustain strong, supportive and respectful working relationships with sponsors
- Negotiate and prepare agreements with sponsors and funders, and submit reports and other information as required by the terms of the funding agreements
- Maintain and develop partnerships with various national and territorial organizations
Education, Experience and Skills
- Experience working in the film, cinema or media arts sector
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Excellent social media skills
- Strong administrative and record-keeping skills
- Experience writing proposals and reports
- Proven event organizing abilities
- Proven ability to work positively and constructively with staff, funders, Board, and volunteers
- Flexibility and adaptability to assist with new projects, challenges and technologies as they arise
- Ability to take initiative and work in a self-directed manner
- Proficiency with Microsoft software (Word and Excel) and Mac computer
- Experience working with web-based event management software and virtual cinema platforms an asset (YFS uses Zone Festival, FilmFreeway and Eventive)
- Experience working in the non-profit sector an asset
- Valid driver’s license an asset
Salary and Benefits
This is a full-time permanent position with an average of 35 hours per week. Wage scale: $24-$27/ hour depending on experience.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter addressing your qualifications with a resume and at least one reference to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin as early as October 1, 2021 and applications will be accepted ongoing until the position is filled. For further information please visit www.yukonfilmsociety.com or call/email YFS Administrator Karen Baltgailis, at 867-393-3456, email@example.com.