Become a Member
Are you a filmmaker or media artist and you’re interested in producing a 90-second mini-documentary for Available Light on Demand?
The Yukon Film Society is accepting proposals from Yukon, Northwest Territories, and Nunavut filmmakers for ALD mini-documentary productions, which will be used to promote ALD filmmakers and their films.
Context could include:
· How does this filmmaker work in the community?
· What is their storytelling process?
· What about the north inspires them?
· What do they find important about the medium?
We want to give Available Light on Demand audiences a quick, introspective look into the lives, lifestyles, and inspirations of northern filmmakers as they explain their work, its creation, and how they see it now.
Deadline for concept submissions: Friday, February 16, 2024.
• A one-page concept
• CVs of production team members
Other components including additional footage and motion graphics are encouraged, but any fees and rentals must be included in the budget amount stated below. YFS will supply links to clips and graphics for logos and sponsor and funder acknowledgements that need to be included in the ALD mini-documentary, along with any footage requested from ALD films.
The mini-documentary should be also compatible in various formats, including landscape and portrait aspect ratios, for Facebook, Instagram, and other social media platforms.
· A polished 90-second film framed for both widescreen and portrait aspect ratios.
· Notes on additional footage gathered during interview and b-roll for supplemental ALD promo material.
· Crew list for credits.
· Social media handles of filmmaker(s) (if available).
Submissions and questions should be emailed to Braden Brickner email@example.com; subject line “ALD Mini-Documentary Proposal”