Employment Opportunity - General Manager of YFS
September 8, 2013
Duties of the General Manager include but are not limited to:
• Managing day-to-day office operations efficiently and effectively;
• Preparing grant applications for core funding and training projects, managing relationships with funding agencies, submitting reports and other information as required;
• Successfully managing the financial health of the organization, including budgeting, working with the bookkeeper, payroll and banking, and fulfilling obligations with public agencies;
• Liaising with accountants in the preparation of financial reviews, audits and state¬ments;
• Recruiting staff and contractors, seeking employment funding when possible
• Initiating regular staff meetings;
• Reporting monthly to the Board of Directors on human resources and financial questions; and
• Preparing and delivering annual reports to the Board and YFS stakeholders to ensure there is continued support for the organization.
Marketing and Public Relations
• Acting as a passionate spokesperson for YFS and ensuring all communications to the public reflect the mission of the organization on a regional and national level;
• Ensuring a database is developed and maintained for marketing and fundraising purposes;
• Implementing and updating YFS’s marketing strategy; and
• Representing YFS and its members at a regional and national level, including in the Independent Media Arts Alliance.
• In partnership with the Board, developing annual plans and implementing fundraising programs for annual giving, endowment giving, planned giving, grants and sponsorships, and exploring new fundraising opportunities.
• Developing and implementing annual training programs that help YFS to achieve its mission and promote the Artistic Director’s exhibition and creation programs. Programs currently include but are not limited to: annual workshop programming, Media Industry Forum, Members programs such as Cinephile Club, equipment rentals, and DVD library;
• Developing YFS’s yearly workshop programming, seeking funding and facilitators; and
• Organizing the Media Industry Forum in collaboration with the Artistic Director.
• Developing and implementing a plan to ensure the continued growth of YFS;
• Engaging stakeholders in the program and activities of YFS to encourage participation and advocacy in pursuit of YFS’ goals;
• Communicating with stakeholders to keep them informed of the work of YFS and to be responsive to the community served by YFS;
• Supporting the Board of Directors in the development of new policies, advising on organizational development, creation of committees; and
• Establishing good working relationships and collaborative arrangements with community groups, funders, politicians and other organizations to help achieve the goals of YFS.
Education, Experience and Skills
• Related education and/or equivalent experience in financial and organizational management, preferably in a non-governmental arts setting;
• Must possess excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills;
• Proven leadership and organizational abilities;
• Proven ability to work positively and constructively with the Artistic Director, funders, Board, staff and volunteers;
• Demonstrated ability to create and implement a vision for the future of the organization in collaboration with the Artistic Director;
• Flexibility and adaptability to take on new projects, challenges and technologies as they arise;
• Ability to take initiative and work in a self-directed manner;
• Proficiency with Microsoft software (Word and Excel);
• Familiarity with, and ability to learn, new technology;
• Technical proficiency with use and maintenance of film equipment is an asset; and
• Knowledge in media arts and filmmaking is also an asset.
Salary and Benefits
This is a permanent position at $25 per hour, for 48 weeks per year, ranging from 30 to 37.5 hours per week depending on the applicant’s technical proficiency with film equipment and capacity to provide technical assistance to YFS and its production members.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter addressing your qualifications with a resume by Friday, September 27, 2013 at 4:30 pm PST
. For further information, please visit yukonfilmsociety.com
or call Andrew Connors at 867-393-3456.