Become a Member
The Klondike Institute of Art & Culture (KIAC) and the Yukon Film Society (YFS) present the 2020 Yukon 48 Film Challenge.
The 48 Film Challenge is back! Ever wanted to make a film? Now’s your chance! No matter your level of experience or equipment, you can create whatever you're inspired to over one weekend.
The competition begins at 5:30 pm on Friday, November 13th, 2020. Participants will be given 48 hours from the time of registration to hand in or send a link to download a final QuickTime/H264 file at 5:30pm on Sunday, November 15th, 2020 (No exceptions).
A prop that must be used in the film will be revealed at the start of the challenge. Participants outside the Whitehorse or Dawson area may participate and can upload their film to YouTube or Vimeo. We must have the link by the deadline on Sunday. Please keep your links private until after the screenings.
Equipment is the responsibility of the entrant, however a 50% discount on YFS and KIAC equipment is available for Yukon 48 Challenge productions for production members in good standing. Equipment should be reserved in advance and is available on a first come first served basis.
*If booking YFS Equipment from Dawson please book in advance to allow for shipping time.
All films will be shown at screenings in Whitehorse and Dawson City (screening dates/locations & methods TBA) A winning entry will be decided upon by a jury. The winning entry will be screened at the Dawson City International Short Film Festival and maybe shown at the 2021 Available Light Film Festival. Two Audience Awards will also be presented, voted on by the Whitehorse and Dawson audiences.
• $20 registration fee per film
• Filmmakers may work individually or in teams
• There is no age restriction to enter the competition
• The films may be of any genre (drama, documentary, comedy, experimental, animation)
• No previously shot footage may be used (up to 20 % archival material may be used)
• Maximum length 5 minutes (there is no minimum length)
• No pornographic or inappropriate material will be accepted
• Entrants will receive a prop requirement that must appear in the film
• 50% discount on YFS/KIAC Equipment for 48 Challenge productions
• All films must acknowledge the Yukon Film Society (YFS) and the Klondike Institute of Art and Culture (KIAC) in their credits
Please fill out the registration form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Dawson entrants can register with Dan Sokolowski of KIAC. Email Dan to register: email@example.com
If you have a paypal account, you can pay using the button below. You can also call our office at 867-393-3456 and give us your credit card number to pay.